Sunday 1 May 2005

About the name...

It's Dante: Per correr miglior acque alza le vele / omai la navicella del mio ingegno, / che lascia dietro a sé mar sí crudele (Purgatorio, i.1-3).

This blog is going to be mainly about medieval stuff, like the books I'm reading, what I'm working on, what's going on around me. So I hope people will post comments if they are interested.
I hit on blogger.com through looking at vexedandglorious's blog about music and various cool artistes. Worth reading. I'm listening to Muse right now. I think they are amazing, some beautifully lyrical pieces. Especially Hurricane and Butterflies, and Blackout. She doesn't talk about them...I don't think. They might be too mainstream...her choices are very cool and unknown.
I need to get back to work now. I'm writing a paper for a session at Kalamazoo, a big medieval conference. So I hope to post during the conference and report the various crazy goings on. I might even post a photo of it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you a clever little dick! No mention of me!!! I'm so disappointed...

I think I'll set up my own blog and not mention you!!!

Miglior acque said...

Oh, how mysterious I sound now! Who could it be: Garbo? Some rock star?

Anonymous said...

Vanitas vanitatis omnia vanitas!

Anonymous said...

Well, for now it's just the shores of Lake Michigan, I guess.
I decided that Muse had definitely hit the mainstream when the use of corresponding paraphernalia mushroomed in lecture theatres few years ago. Nothing against the music, though. I prefer the first two albums, nonetheless.

Melleners said...

I like Muse, but they're not one of my favorites. And, yes, I'm trying to get a little bit more obscure, although I do find a lot of new artists on MTV and Fuse (TiVo has helped me sort through the crap and just get the good stuff). Thanks for the comment! I need all the exposure I can get.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...