Saturday 14 January 2006

Chrétien de Troyes


You know, I knew eventually I would find it. I'm not talking about the Grail now. Last year I kept my eye on a copy of the Pléiade edition of Chrétien de Troyes, Œuvres complètes in Blackwell's and I hmmed and hawed for months. It cost too much and I'm not really working so much on Chrétien, blah blah blah. Then they had a sale (as they often do), it went into the bargain bin, and I missed it! I was so sore over that. Well imagine my surprise when a copy appeared upstairs in the second-hand section, for a great price. I snapped it up stright away.
I just love the Pléiade editions, bound in full leather with gold tooling on fine paper and set in a beautiful font full of gorgeous ligatures. Lovely lovely, o so lovely.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...